Two years in the making, this scientifically proven night crème, delivers phenomenal youth-defying benefits through harnessing the reparative and antioxidative properties of patented green-tech ingredients. Wake up to lifted, deeply-hydrated skin that exhibits a beautiful, cushion-y 'bounce'.
What makes this ultra-sumptuous crème seriously special and recognised on the global stage, is it is scientifically proven to regenerate collagen and set a new benchmark amongst the most iconic luxury brands in the world (independent scientific testing results here)*
Additionally, in a six week study, 94% of participants said it increased their skin’s hydration, 86% said it improved their skin’s texture and 82% said it increased their skin’s glow.
This rich crème is brimming with 30 of the world’s most scientific vetted and researched youth prolonging green-tech ingredients. Meticulously chosen for age-defying results, including smoothing peptides, plant stem cells (the result of over 5 years of research by the Swiss Institute of Agriculture), Liposomes and Collagen.
For the most hydrated complexion, our star innovation, Saccharide Isomerate, delivers a proven moisture reservoir effect that replenishes moisture for 72 hours, our secret to the most bouncy and lifted skin. It has the capacity to hold over 1,000 times its weight in water and to plump skin from the inside out. This ultra-hydrating formula is a tall drink of water for dehydrated skin: drier skin types will see an instant improvement.
Powerful, and packed with the latest high-tech, cutting edge natural science, this luxurious crème is beautiful to wear and delivers truly transformative results to the skin.
* Trinity Bioactives: Independent In-Vitro Scientific Testing into the effects on the production of type 1 collagen (2020)
This Supernatural 72 Hour Hydration Crème deeply hydrates the skin for over 72-hours, after just one application.
Saccharide Isomerate is a master hydration ingredient. It penetrates the skin’s epidermis deeply, for 72-hours, to increase the skin’s hydration ten-fold for a plump, dewy, luminous glow.
Collagen Boosting Peptides support collagen and elastin fibres in the skin, working to rebuild and repair damaged cells, to help future-proof the skin.
Daily use of this luxurious Crème will help lift, refine, plump and volumise the skin. You should see an improvement from first use – but when used regularly, you will notice a marked improvement to the character of your complexion's texture, radiance and hydration.
It’s not enough for our products to be natural, they have to have uncompromising results.
Independent In-Vitro Scientific Testing by an independent biomedical laboratory into the effects on the production of type 1 collagen (2020) found Emma Lewisham Supernatural Anti-Ageing 72-Hour Hydration Crème:
- Regenerated the production of Type I Collagen, outperforming La Mer Crème De La Mer and Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream
- Boost fibroblast production which promotes the production of collagen and elastin
In a six week consumer study:
- 94% of participants said the Supernatural Ageing 72-Hour Hydration Crème increased their skin's hydration
- 86% said it improved their skin's texture
- 82% said it increased their skin's glow
- 84% said it was their favourite night crème
How does Saccharide Isomerate work?
Its effectiveness is based on its unique composition, which is like that of the carbohydrate complex found in human skin, and on its unique mechanism for binding itself with the outer layers of the skin, giving it instant and long-lasting hydration abilities.
It's a fraction of the size of most other hydrating ingredients, meaning it can penetrate deep into the inner layers of the skin. Pentavitin can only be removed through the natural shedding of dead skin cells.
In in-vivo tests, Saccharide Isomerate is proven to:
Provide 72-hours of long-lasting, deep hydration
Prolong skin hydration up to 6 days after the last application
Face mapping shows that 3 hours after a single application, excessively dry skin is hydrated
Saccharide Isomerate has been clinically proven by skin hydration colour mapping to hold moisture in the skin for 72 hours. Hydration levels were measured at 30 different pre-defined points on the face, and a specific algorithm was then used to translate them into detailed facial colour maps.
30 active natural ingredients
We fill our products with the highest number of science-backed, consciously grown and cutting-edge ingredients from around the globe, to produce high-performing natural products.
Every ingredient works hard in our formulation, but below are your noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Saccharide Isomerate: Has a smaller molecular size than Hyaluronic Acid, meaning it can penetrate the skin’s epidermis deeper, for prolonged hydration results. Pentavitin works to help the skin create its own internal water source to continually rehydrate itself, it locks in moisture by strengthening the skin’s barrier function. Saccharide Isomerate works in as little as three hours and testing proves it works non-stop for 72-hours, delivering more hydration than any other ingredient on the market before, for plump, lifted and dewy skin.
- Collagen Boosting Peptides from alaria esculenta: help to strengthen and condition the skin, to visibly improve its texture and suppleness. Collagen Peptides work to repair damaged cells and signal the skin to produce collagen, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, lifting and plumping the skin.
Full list of ingredients
Emma Lewisham aligns with the definition of natural by NATRUE who are an International Natural and Organic Cosmetics Association who certify natural and organic cosmetics worldwide is classified in 3 ways:
- Natural ingredients are those to which only physical processes or fermentation have been applied.
- Derived natural ingredients are the result of chemical processes of natural ingredients.
- Nature-identical ingredients can be either pigments, minerals or preservatives. They are reproduced in the laboratory but exist in nature. These ingredients are allowed when strictly necessary in order to ensure consumer safety (preservatives) or because the extraction methods result in an ingredient becoming too chemical. All of them have one essential characteristic: they can be found in nature.
Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Our Supernatural Anti-Ageing Peptide 71-Hour Hydration Crème formulation is vegan.
Organic Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf extract (1) • Water (1) • Glycerin (1) • Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) esters (1) • Caprylic/capric triglyceride (1) • Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) ethyl esters (1) • Organic Camellia oleifera (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Glyceryl stearate citrate (1) • Cetearyl alcohol (1) • Organic Astrocaryum murumuru (Murumuru) seed butter (1) • Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) oleosomes (1) • Brassica alcohol (1) • Tridecane (1) • Undecane (1) • Bakuchiol (1) • Citrullus lanatus (Kalahari Melon) seed oil (1) • Saccharide isomerate (1) • Limnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) seed oil (1) • Sodium hyaluronate (1) • Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Organic Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Organic Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) oil (1) • Organic Argania spinosa (Argan) kernel oil (1) • Organic Borago officinalis (Borage) seed oil (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Leontopodium alpinum (Edelweiss) flower/leaf extract • Alaria esculenta (Seaweed) extract (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Prunus avium (Sweet Cherry) seed oil (1) • Corylus americana (Hazelnut) seed oil (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) seed oil (1) • Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Organic Persea gratissima (Avocado) oil (1) • Organic Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil (1) • Organic Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil (1) • Organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil (1) • Lavendula augustifolia (Lavender) oil (2) • Xanthan gum (1) • Sclerotium gum (1) • Glyceryl caprylate (1) • Pullulan (1) • Silica (1) • Caprylhydroxamic acid (1) • Lecithin (1) • Dehydroacetic acid (1) • Benzyl alcohol (4) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from flowers) • Citral (3) • Citronellol (3) • Geraniol (3) • Limonene (4) • Linalool (3)
- 100% of total ingredients are naturally derived or nature identical (preservative)
- 47% of active ingredients are from organic farming
- Our formulations contain citral, citronellol, geraniol, limonene, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil
Our Supernatural 72-Hour Hydration Crème is included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Refill Programme that is available for New Zealand and Australia (unfortunately we are unable to offer this globally at present). If you have previously purchased a Supernatural 72-Hour Hydration Crème and have finished your jar, you have the option to purchase a refilled jar that has been cleaned, sterilised, refilled and kept in circulation.
This product is also included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle free recycling programme.
We believe the future of beauty is a circular model, where brands take ownership for what happens to their packaging at the end of its life.
Our Hydration Crème box is printed on an environmentally responsible paper which has been produced using PEFC certified pulp from responsible sources. We print on it using mineral, oil free, vegetable-based inks and water based coatings. Oil based glue is required to assemble these boxes. Stamping foil used on the box does not affect recyclability. It is 100% recyclable in New Zealand with no chemical coatings, which means our boxes will degrade naturally.
Our Hydration Crème bottle is a frosted glass bottle with a plastic cap and pump made from imported virgin materials.
We've worked hard to provide you with clean skincare via a supply chain that is efficient, transparent, and accountable. To this end, we have developed a Sustainability Framework which provides transparency on what Emma Lewisham is doing to address the six drivers of our supply chain: raw materials, supplier, manufacturing, distribution, retail outlets and customers. These are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Read the Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Before you start, blend and warm up the cream with your fingertips, activating the powerful actives in the crème. Then apply the crème using an upwards, circular motion to stimulate blood flow. Smooth it onto your skin, and the thick crème texture transforms into one that blends easily over the skin. Give it a couple of minutes to be absorbed, and your skin will feel nourished, plump and hydrated.
We recommend you store this crème in a cool, dry place and to use a spatula.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies: While our formulation is 100% clean and naturally derived, we recommend if you have sensitive skin or allergies that you do a patch test first or consult your medical practitioner before using any new skincare product. If your skin is not responding well to one of our products, including irritation, please discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding: This crème is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding, however, we recommend if concerned you check with your doctor before using.
Using Supernatural Anti-Ageing 72-Hour Hydration Crème with our other products
All of our products were developed to be used together. Please take at look at Emma Lewisham Routines for our recommendations.
The Emma Lewisham StandardTM
100% natural & traceable
Scientifically proven formula
Part of the Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle – Refill & Recycle
Vegan. Cruelty Free. PETA certified animal testing free
Safe to use while pregnant & breastfeeding