The ultimate 'hero' beauty crème with SPF for skin that is protected, defended and to dramatically slow down the signs of ageing - including wrinkles, brown spots, dehydration and loss of firmness. This Take On The Day Crème combines SPF30 protection against UVA and UVB rays, a pollution shield from particles and blue light emitted from screens, and 24 potent actives to retain the most healthy, luminous and youthful complexion. Please note, this Take On The Day Crème replaces our Skin Shield Daily Face Antioxidant product, it has the same formulation but now comes in refillable product packaging.
The formula replenishes and restores moisture levels with 12 sources of hydration, including hydration powerhouse Hyaluronic Acid to enhance its bounce and dewy plumpness. It imparts a subtle, mineral-reflective and luminous finish to the skin, giving it a complexion correcting effect.
It’s brimming with active antioxidants to bolster defence from the elements and fend off the age-accelerating effects of free radicals, and pollution.
With a unique farm-to-face ethos, the formula is 100% natural. Just full-spectrum skin-beautifying nutrients that are good for the skin and provide incredible results.
“80% of visible facial ageing is from UV exposure. Man-made pollution not only damages skin directly but also contributes to the erosion of the ozone layer, which helps shield us from the sun's harmful rays. So we're getting more sun exposure than ever before, even on cold, cloudy days. Apply an SPF30 daily to protect yourself; our formulas contain antioxidants, boosting its pollution-fighting powers. Your future self will thank you for wearing it" - Emma Lewisham
A multi-shield formula that brightens, detoxifies and protects your complexion. Engineered with our patented plant stem cell complex and zinc oxide, Take On The Day Crème is packed with cutting-edge science and restorative antioxidants, vitamins (vitamin A, C, D, and E), omega fatty acids (3, 6, 9, and the rare “beauty omega” 7) and nutrients to create a protective “cocoon” against UV, blue light and pollution, to retain the most youthful, healthy and plump skin.
It focuses strongly on protecting collagen from being degraded, as well as in assisting the regeneration of new collagen, strengthening skin elasticity, brightening the skin and reducing fine lines.
Skin Shield Take On The Day Crème with SPF 30 is tested to the Australian/New Zealand AS/NZS 2604 standard, which is based on the international ISO 24443 for broad spectrum testing, and ISO 24444 for in-vivo SPF testing.
This means it is scientifically verified as delivering SPF 30 broad spectrum protection, giving you confidence that you’re getting a high level of protection, if the instructions in our 'How To Use' section below are followed.
24 active natural ingredients
We believe in innovative, natural, complex formulas that have more ingredients and less fillers. We don’t focus on one hero ingredient per product, instead, we fill our products with the highest number of effective, synergistic and innovative ingredients to produce high-performing products. Our mission is to prove that luxurious, high-performing skincare doesn’t have to come at a trade-off to your health or the environment’s.
Every ingredient works hard in our formulation but below are your noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is like the glass of water your skin desperately needs when out in the sun. It's a molecule that draws and locks in moisture to your skin, supports elasticity, and boosts collagen production. It has an ability to absorb up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Sea Buckthorn: This powerhouse ingredient contains over 190 bioactive substances to nourish the skin. Sea Buckthorn is rich in the rare omega 7 (the “beauty omega”) which promotes skin elasticity, cell regeneration and fights free radicals – it has one of the highest concentrations of this on earth. Sea Buckthorn also boasts 3x more vitamin A than carrot, which stimulates collagen production and evens skin tone.
- Patented organic plant stem cells: The result of a research program in which a hundred plants were selected for their effectiveness in inhibiting tyrosinase (this is the enzyme which produces the pigment melanin, which you see as dark spots or hyperpigmentation on your skin). The research and development took 5 years, and the resulting clinical studies showed phenomenal results for their effects in inhibiting the production and transfer of melanin to the skin.
- Organic Prickly Pear: The ultimate beauty oil. It has the highest plant-based concentration of vitamin E of any skin oil (150% more than Argan oil). A powerful antioxidant that can penetrate through layers of skin, assisting the body with the natural wound-healing process. Vitamin E also helps to renew skin cells, making them stronger and reducing oxidative stress.
Full list of ingredients
Emma Lewisham aligns with the definition of natural by NATRUE who are an International Natural and Organic Cosmetics Association who certify natural and organic cosmetics worldwide is classified in 3 ways:
- Natural ingredients are those to which only physical processes or fermentation have been applied.
- Derived natural ingredients are the result of chemical processes of natural ingredients.
- Nature-identical ingredients can be either pigments, minerals or preservatives. They are reproduced in the laboratory but exist in nature. These ingredients are allowed when strictly necessary in order to ensure consumer safety (preservatives) or because the extraction methods result in an ingredient becoming too chemical. All of them have one essential characteristic: they can be found in nature.
Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high). You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Emma Lewisham Sustainability Strategy.
Coco-caprylate/caprate (1) • Zinc oxide (nano) (1) • Water (1) • Tapioca starch (1) • Organic Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil (1) • Glycerin (1) • Sorbitan olivate (1) • Cera alba (1) • Lecithin (1) • Polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate (1) • Polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate (1) • Organic Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Sodium hyaluronate (1) • Organic Persea gratissima (Avocado) oil (1) • Inula helenium (Elecampane) extract (6) • Organic Leontopodium alpinum (Edelweiss) flower/leaf extract (1) • Organic Mentha piperita (Peppermint) leaf extract (1) • Organic Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm) leaf extract (1) • Organic Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf extract (1) • Organic Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Organic Camellia oleifera (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Organic Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) seed oil (1) • Organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil (1) • Organic Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter (1) • Organic Veronica officinalis (Speedwell) extract (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Alchemilla vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) extract (1) • Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Organic Malva sylvestris (Mallow) extract (1) • Organic Primula veris (Cowslip) extract (1) • Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil (1) • Organic Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) extract (1) • Glyceryl caprylate (1) • Isostearic acid (1) • Caprylhydroxamic acid (1) • Sodium chloride (1) • Galactoarabinan (1) • Polyhydroxystearic acid (1) • Potassium cetyl phosphate (1) • Benzyl alcohol (4) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from botanicals) • Benzyl salicylate (5) • Citronellol (4) • Eugenol (5) • Geraniol (5) • Linalool (3)
- 100% natural ingredients
- Our formulations contain benzyl salicylate, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil.
Every Emma Lewisham product is circular designed, with the intention of being refillable, recyclable or compostable. We believe the future of beauty is where brands take ownership for what happens to their packaging at the end of its life.
Our Skin Shield Take On The Day Crème is included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Free Recycling Programme.
It is also included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Refill Programme. This product comes with a detachable refill pod. When the pod is empty you can purchase a replacement refill pod to put into your crème jar, and return the empty pod to us to ensure it’s kept in circulation.
Our Skin Shield Take On The Day Crème box is printed on an environmentally responsible paper which has been produced using PEFC certified pulp from responsible sources. We print on it using mineral, oil free, vegetable-based inks and water based coatings. Oil based glue is required to assemble these boxes. Stamping foil used on the box does not affect recyclability. It is 100% recyclable in New Zealand with no chemical coatings, which means our boxes will degrade naturally.
Our Skin Shield Take On The Day Crème jar is a frosted plastic jar made from imported virgin materials.
We've worked hard to provide you with clean skincare via a supply chain that is efficient, transparent, and accountable. To this end, we have developed a Sustainability Framework which provides transparency on what Emma Lewisham is doing to address the six drivers of our supply chain: raw materials, supplier, manufacturing, distribution, retail outlets and customers. These are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Read the Emma Lewisham Sustainability Strategy.
Peel the foil off the refill pod, and lock this into the Brighten Your Day Crème jar.
How to use a sunscreen. Advice from Dermatest Australia (leading testing agency)
- It is essential to use sunscreen correctly to achieve the best protection.
- Apply sunscreen liberally to all sun-exposed areas so that it forms a film when initially applied. Most people do not use enough. It takes at least six teaspoons of lotion to cover the sun-exposed areas of the body of one average adult person. Although zinc sunscreen can have a white film at first, do persist with rubbing it in.
- It takes 20–30 minutes for sunscreen to be absorbed by the skin and it can easily be rubbed off, so apply it at least half an hour before going out in the sun.
- Reapply after half an hour so that the ‘mountains’, as well as the ‘valleys’, are protected (imagine you are painting a wall – two coats of paint provide a more even coverage than one).
- Re-apply sunscreen every 2 hours if staying out in the sun for more than an hour during the day.
- Re-apply immediately after swimming, excessive sweating, or if rubbed off by clothing or towelling, even if the product claims to be “water resistant”.
- Insect repellents reduce the sunscreen's SPF so when using together, use a sunscreen with a higher SPF and re-apply more often.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies: While our formulation is 100% natural, we recommend if you have sensitive skin or allergies that you do a patch test first or consult your medical practitioner before using any new skincare product. If your skin is not responding well to one of our products, including irritation, please discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding: This crème is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding, however, we recommend if concerned you check with your doctor before using.
Using Skin Shield Take On The Day Crème with our other products:
All of our products were developed to be used together. Please take at look at Emma Lewisham Routines for our recommendations.
The Emma Lewisham StandardTM
100% natural & traceable
SPF tested & certified by an accredited laboratory
Part of the Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle – Recycle
Vegan. Cruelty Free. PETA certified animal testing free
Safe to use while pregnant & breastfeeding