Skin Reset Concentrated Even Skin Tone Serum
Internationally award-winning, Skin Reset is 100% clean, natural and non-toxic, but doesn't compromise the highest of performance. It’s independently proven* to outperform cosmeceuticals and the most advanced and luxurious products in the world. That's why it’s been named the best natural serum internationally.
Skin Reset has reached cult status for its performance in evening skin tone from hyperpigmentation and delivering transformative results to the skin. It returns skin's clarity, evenness and delivers a phenomenal level of glow and hydration.
Skin Reset’s unprecedented performance stems from 5 years of scientific research, to discover the most innovative and potent combination of 24 high performing natural ingredients from around the globe.
Our potent, proprietary concentration is 2 to 4 times higher than other products and includes innovative plant stem cells, phytonutrients, strengthening phytoceramides, omegas, fatty acids, and 12 sources of brightening vitamins (including Vitamin C) to repair, prevent, and even the skin. Delivering more results than ever before.*Independent Scientific in vivo testing 2018 & in vitro testing 2019
Skin Reset is the ultimate skin hero for restoring an even looking skin tone and radiant complexion. It’s powerful technology is proven to visibly minimise the look of brown spots (hyperpigmentation) and goes one advancement further by preventing further discoloration from appearing on the skin.
It works by shutting down hyperpigmentation in two different biological pathways.
Firstly, our patented plant extracts, including Alchemilla vulgaris, and Malva sylvestris, contain active ingredients that interfere with an enzyme in your cells called tyrosinase. When UV light from the sun comes into contact with the tyrosinase enzyme, it is usually activated to produce pigment (called melanin) which travels to the upper layer of the skin and you see as dark spots or hyperpigmentation. Our plant actives inhibit tyrosinase, stopping the metabolic process that creates pigment - and therefore your dark spots.
Secondly, if any pigment still manages to form, we have a complementary active (vitamin B3) that works further downstream to deter the pigment from transferring to your skin’s surface. This is why our formulation is different from standard brightening products on the market.
Our luxury botanicals are combined in a propriety and synergistic ratio maximising its performance. Skin Reset also combats the signs of everyday collagen degradation, minimises fine lines and wrinkles and boosts the skin’s plumpness. Skin Reset is a vegan formulation.
Best for: Hyperpigmentation • dullness • dark spots • uneven skin tone • discolouration • age spots • acne scars
It’s not enough for our products to be 100% clean, they have to have uncompromising results.
An independent in vitro clinical test (2019) comparing Emma Lewisham Skin Reset with 9 cosmeceuticals and high-end synthetic brightening creams found:
- Of the products tested, 7 had no effect on hyperpigmentation. 2 were effective at inhibiting hyperpigmentation (including Skin Reset)
- Of the 2 products that were effective in inhibiting hyperpigmentation, Emma Lewisham Skin Reset saw the strongest results
- Emma Lewisham Skin Reset was noted to be the “standout” product, which not only inhibited hyperpigmentation, but promoted the growth and health of “good cells”
An independent 12-week double blind scientific study (2018) found:
- Emma Lewisham Skin Reset is proven to perform at a cosmeceutical grade - a breakthrough for natural skincare technology
- 88% of women noted no new hyperpigmentation (brown spots) showed up on their skin during the time they wore Emma Lewisham Skin Reset
- 77% of women rated Skin Reset effective at reducing hyperpigmentation
- Apparent area (size), erythema (colour) and appearance of scars were all observed to significantly and consistently improve over the duration of the study.
Methodology of this study:
- Twenty five subjects between the ages of 20 and 60
- Subjects showed evidence of signs of facial hyperpigmentation on both sides of the face including freckles, sun spots, age spots, melasma, uneven skin tone and acne scarring
- Assessment of the test sites were completed pre-application and following application of Emma Lewisham Skin Reset and Cosmeceutical brand at 6 and 12 weeks
- Instrumental measurements, a questionnaire regarding the acceptability, efficacy and tolerability of the products and digital photographs and visual grading were done at pre-application, six and twelve weeks
- Emma Lewisham Skin Reset and a Cosmeceutical were applied twice daily and sunscreen applied in morning
- A photographic record was kept of the hyperpigmentation area on the skin at each time point
- No adverse reactions were observed during the study
- Individual results may vary. This study was conducted at an independent laboratory in Australia during 2018, in accordance with ICH Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice
See how Skin Reset works here.
24 active natural ingredients
Skin Reset includes 24 of the world’s most nutrient-dense, active and proven botanicals sourced from around the globe, chosen for their profile and ability to combat each phase of the hyperpigmentation process at a foundational level.
We believe in complex formulas and that more ingredients and less fillers equal more results – and the independent testing we’ve done confirms we’re right. We don’t focus on one hero ingredient per product, we fill our products with the highest number of effective and innovative ingredients possible. Our goal is to create formulas that are effective and luxurious as anything in the world, without a drop of anything unclean and toxic. No compromises.
Each 30ml Skin Reset bottle contains 190 nutrients and phytonutrients, powerhouse vitamins, including organic Prickly pear (with the highest concentration of vitamin E in the world), Kakadu plum (with the highest concentration of vitamin C in the world), minerals, antioxidants, aminos, and omega fatty acids (3, 6, 9, and the rare “beauty omega” 7) for full-spectrum performance in combating hyperpigmentation.
Every ingredient works hard in our formulation to prevent and repair hyperpigmentation, but below are your noteworthy ‘skin heroes’:
- Patented organically grown beauty complex from 7 alpine plant extracts: The result of a research program in which a hundred plants were selected for their effectiveness in inhibiting tyrosinase (this is the enzyme which produces the pigment melanin, which you see as dark spots or hyperpigmentation on your skin). The research and development took 5 years, and the resulting clinical studies showed phenomenal results for their effects in inhibiting the production and transfer of melanin to the skin.
- Organic Kakadu Plum: Vitamin C is a powerhouse for the skin, it’s one of the most research-backed skincare ingredients, and Kakadu Plum oil has the highest concentration of vitamin C in the world – 100 times more than an orange. It brightens skin tone, reduces dark spots, and encourages cell renewal and collagen growth.
- Organic Prickly Pear: Has the highest concentration of vitamin E of any skin oil (150% more than Argan oil). A superstar antioxidant, vitamin E fights the aging effects of free radicals.
- Bearberry Extract: Bearberry extract contains a compound called arbutin. Acting in a similar way to hydroquinone, this ingredient is a great way to brighten dark spots, freckles, and scars without the negative drawbacks of hydroquinone.
Full list of ingredients
We ensure every Emma Lewisham ingredient is clean and safe, with a "low hazard" ranking on the Environmental Working Group's (EWG) Skin Deep Database. Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Sustainability Framework.
Our Skin Reset formulation is vegan.
Organic Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf extract (1) • Water (1) • Glycerin (2) • Niacinamide (1) • Coco-caprylate (1) • Cetearyl olivate (1) • Glyceryl stearate Citrate (1) • Organic Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil (1) • Sorbitan olivate (1) • Cetearyl alcohol (1) • Glyceryl caprylate (1) • Organic Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Organic Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil (1) • Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (Bearberry) leaf extract (1) • Organic Leontopodium alpinum (Edelweiss) flower/leaf extract (1) • Organic Camellia oleifera (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil (1) • Organic Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil (1) • Glycyrrhiza glabra (Liquorice) root extract (1) • Organic Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) extract (1) • Organic Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Organic Alchemilla vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) extract (1) • Organic Malva sylvestris (Mallow) extract (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm) leaf extract (1) • Organic Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil (1) • Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil (1) • Organic Mentha piperita (Peppermint) leaf extract (1) • Organic Primula veris (Cowslip) extract (1) • Organic Veronica officinalis (Speedwell) extract (1) • Sodium hyaluronate (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Caprylhydroxamic acid (1) • Xanthan gum (1) • Euphorbia cerifera cera (Candelilla Wax) (1) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from flowers) • Benzyl salicylate • Citronellol • Eugenol • Geraniol • Linalool
- 100% of total ingredients are naturally derived
- 68% of active ingredients are from organic farming (NB: we are currently reviewing sourcing for other ingredients)
- 57% of active ingredients are certified according to the Ecocert Standard. The Ecocert standard was designed to hold the ingredients, manufacturing processes and packaging of cosmetic products to a high standard of compliance
- Our formulations contain benzyl salicylate, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil
Every Emma Lewisham product has been designed with the intention of being fully recyclable / compostable at the end of its life or part of a refill programme in the future. We believe the future of beauty is where brands take ownership for what happens to their packaging at the end of its life, and that we should all aspire to a truly closed-loop recycling system.
Our Skin Reset box is printed on an environmentally responsible paper which has been produced using PEFC certified pulp from responsible sources. We print on it using mineral, oil free, vegetable based inks and water based coatings. Oil based glue is required to assemble these boxes. Stamping foil used on the box does not affect recyclability. It is 100% recyclable in New Zealand with no chemical coatings, which means our boxes will degrade naturally, whether they are composted or simply put in the landfill.
Our Skin Reset bottle is a glass bottle with a plastic cap and pump made from imported virgin materials. If you have an empty Skin Reset bottle and would like a refill, please contact us at email@example.com and we can arrange this.
We've worked hard to provide you with clean skincare via a supply chain that is efficient, transparent, and accountable. To this end, we have developed a Sustainability Framework which provides transparency on what Emma Lewisham is doing to address the six drivers of our supply chain: raw materials, supplier, manufacturing, distribution, retail outlets and customers. These are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Read the Emma Lewisham 2020 Sustainability Framework.
You should see an improvement in your hyperpigmentation from the first use of Skin Reset – but if you ensure you're using it regularly, you'll see the character of your complexion completely change and the appearance of any new hyperpigmentation or brown spots should be at a minimum. Emma herself saw real results in her complexion after 6 months of continuous use.
Apply 2 pumps of Skin Reset, morning and night. Massage into face and neck. Always apply sunscreen after Skin Reset serum in the morning.
Above all, always remember it takes ongoing protection, patience, and persistence to manage your hyperpigmentation.
Sun exposure is the number one trigger of hyperpigmentation. The sun’s rays affect your skin even on cloudy days, so protect it with sunscreen 365 days of the year to prevent further signs appearing.
Caused by years of sun damage, patience is needed to get results. Follow instructions and from 2 weeks you’ll start to see a new and improved skin tone.
Once hyperpigmentation is visible, continue to apply Skin Reset and protect your skin.
While our formulation is 100% clean, non-toxic and naturally derived, we recommend if you have sensitive skin or allergies that you do a patch test first or consult your medical practitioner before using any new skincare product. If your skin is not responding well to one of our products, including irritation, please discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner.